Well, here I am. Right after I wrote that last post, I realized I NEED to blog. I need a reason to get up in the morning. I need something to do. I need to WRITE. In essence, without going into the details, my entire life has fallen apart. And I am not being dramatic in the least. (Oh, how I wish I was!) But I’m alive, living at my parents in NY with my three monsters. Which I guess is the best thing I have going for me right now. And it’s time to start over. But I thought I’d share with you the how I’ve been (barely) surviving, with what else? A LIST!
1. Chocolate cake for breakfast. A friend of the family made me my favorite cake – Mocha cake. It’s a dark chocolate cake with homemade mocha frosting. I die for it. And I haven’t had it in years. And the best part? No one else likes it except for me. So a cup of coffee and a slice of mocha cake is a DELIGHTFUL way to start each day.
2. Cable TV. Anyone that knows me knows that I haven’t had cable television in….5 years? Maybe longer? And now suddenly having cable has been the perfect mind numbing activity. How have I missed out of the Real Housewives phenomenon? And Top Chef: Just Desserts? AND ANYTHING ON BRAVO? Not to mention I just jumped on the Grey’s Anatomy wagon, which I never wanted to because it’s a terrible show, but now it’s a guilty pleasure. Oh and of course, ENDLESS House marathons. Hugh Laurie is my angel.
3. Orange Juice with lots of pulp. Not quite sure why, but for some reason having a couple of glasses of OJ everyday is one of the few simple pleasures I have. I particularly fond of Simply Orange’s HIGH pulp. I drink it with everything. Pizza. Cake. Sandwiches. it’s my go to drink of choice. And I’ve recently begun mixing it with Odwalla smoothies for even MORE fun.
4. Decorating. My childhood bedroom was painted baby blue with painted purple, silver, and yellow polkadots. So, walking into it was like walking into high school. With the encouragement of my mother (and my own desperation to avoid the thoughts in my head) I began designing my room. First I picked out a color: Crushed Orange by Behr. Yes, Orange. First I thought “RED!” and then realized red is a bit of an angry color. And I need a HAPPY color. And despite my entire family’s objection to the color orange (because no one EVER trusts my design decisions!) I bought the paint. And this bitch PAINTED. And primed. And made a huge mess for days (and I still keep finding spots of primer on my body and orange highlights in my hair.) It’s pretty fabulous looking but not close to being done – once it is I’ll have a full room update.
5. And finally, technology. My motto is, “I get sad, I buy technology.” And this still holds true. Since the aforementioned life-falling-apart-incident I’ve indulged myself a bit with technology. The iPhone 4. A white 19″ LCD TV. A zillion iPhone games to keep myself occupied. Once I save up some more money, my next investment? An iPad. And then maybe I’ll start thinking logically and trying to put my life back together. But not yet.